Nordic Nuclear Forum 2022 delegates have an opportunity to visit Olkiluoto, the most “electric” island of Finland.
Optional Visit on 9 June 2022 to...
Olkiluoto and ONKALO® Research Gallery
Olkiluoto nuclear power plant and ONKALO® Research Gallery visit
— Learn about Olkiluoto NPP and Finnish final disposal technology
— Visit Olkiluoto nuclear power plant and ONKALO® Research Gallery
(Pictures: TVO Oyj, Posiva Oy)
Where: Olkiluoto, Eurajoki
Olkiluoto, located in the municipality of Eurajoki on the west coast of Finland, is home to 3 nuclear power plants operated by TVO, and a deep geological repository of spent fuel, Onkalo® which is currently under construction by Posiva. Nordic Nuclear Forum delegates have the unique opportunity to visit Finland’s “most electric” island. Places are limited to 50 and filled on a first come first serve basis. Due to the required security clearance, personal information must be provided in advance. In addition, visitors must abide by the COVID-19 restrictions in accordance with the TVO’s policy.
Around 7:00 Departure from Helsinki (pick-up time and place will be communicated to participants)
11:00 Arrival at Olkiluoto, Visitor Centre
Entrance formalities, passport required
12:15 Presentations, Juha Poikola, Manager Public Relations & Mika Tanhuanpää, head of Visitor Centre
13:30 Area tour
- Encapsulation plant, view from the bus
- Underground repository for low- and intermediate-level waste
- ONKALO® Research Gallery, N.N, Posiva
15.45 Electricity from Uranium -scientific exhibition
16:20 Visit ends, departure from Olkiluoto to Helsinki (estimated time of arrival around 20:00)
Fee: 100 eur + VAT 24% including lunch and transportation from and back to Helsinki city centre
The list of visitors including personal information including nationality, Passport number, date of birth etc. is required by Tuesday 31 May 2022 (Extended from Wednesday 25 May 2022). To verify identity on site, a valid passport or official identity card must be presented to the ID-control. A driving licence is not acceptable.
COVID-19 restrictions for visitors
- Each visitor must present:
- a certificate of a full approved COVID-19 vaccination series*, OR
- a certificate of having had the COVID-19 disease and one approved COVID-19 vaccine*, OR
- a certificate of having had the COVID-19 disease less than six months ago.
- A negative result of a self-directed rapid coronavirus test taken in the morning before arriving Olkiluoto (e.g. at the hotel) is required. The negative result can be presented as a photo on your mobile phone in Olkiluoto when getting the visitor pass.
- FFP2-mask must be used during the whole visit (masks are available in Olkiluoto).
*Approved COVID-19 vaccines in Finland